NOOR, together with the Serbian collective Kamerades and Nikon invite photographers to submit their portfolios for selection for the 2015 NOOR-Nikon Masterclass in Documentary Photography in Belgrade, Serbia.
The 2015 program is scheduled to take place in Belgrade, Serbia, 30 March through to 3 April 2015.
The masterclass will be accessible to young and aspiring documentary photographers and photojournalists from the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Slovenia.
During the five days of the workshop, 15 participants, together with three member photographers of NOOR - Andrea Bruce, Stanley Greene and Kadir van Lohuizen - and NOOR’s managing director - Evelien Kunst - will share experiences, work on portfolios, improve editing skills and learn how to pick up and develop stories. Each day consists of intensive communication with the photographers on the subjects of technical features and the peculiarities of the international photo market. It is a unique opportunity to gain new knowledge, contacts, learn to tell stories in a visual language and develop a personal vision.
The workshop is free of charge; travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed (possession of a passport and travel insurance is required to apply).
For submission you are required to have:
• Basic experience in documentary photography or photojournalism;
• A high level of motivation;
• English language skills (the workshop is in English);
• A good technical understanding of your camera equipment, a working knowledge of the media environment and basic image management skills.
To apply you need to send a PDF file not exceeding 6 MB including:
• A CV including your contact information and a written text explaining your work and projects. Please clarify your involvement in photography by showing a proven track record, proof of a photographic training or at least 1-year experience of practice;
• Motivation letter in English (1 page);
• A portfolio of max. 30 images with text introductions and captions (please show your story telling skills by presenting at least one picture story of 8 images).
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight C.E.T. Thursday 19 February 2015.
If sending a PDF creates a problem, we accept links and word documents or alternative formats. For more information contact NOOR via email@example.com or tel. +31.20.6164040 or Skype: noorimages (Amsterdam).
In case you are selected for the workshop, you will be asked to perform a short assignment to work on before the workshop starts.
Organized with the generous support of Nikon Europe B.V.
NOOR (Amsterdam): Evelien Kunst
managing director | NOOR
tel. + 31.20.616.4040
www.noorimages.com | skype: noorimages
Kamerades (Belgrade): Tamara Ognjanovic
project manager | Kamerades
tel. +381 63 8679 800
www.kamerades.com | skype: kamerades