Development Manager: Call for applications.
*Deadline to apply: April 1st, at 23.59 Amsterdam Time. Find below all the requirements / information regarding the position, and how to apply.*
NOOR seeks a dynamic, revenue-focused and strategically minded
Development Manager to ensure the successful delivery of NOOR’s
mission through effective development and operational excellence.
The NOOR team in Amsterdam is a young, diverse and creative group
of individuals and we are looking for an eager and hard-working person
As a full member of the team, you will gain hands-on experience and
work towards the delivery of the team’s end product:
Creating global impact through visual stories with integrity and
Since its establishment in 2007 as both a photo agency and foundation,
the international roster of NOOR’s accomplished and award-winning
member photographers have documented civil and political unrest,
environmental issues, war, famine, and natural disasters throughout the
globe. It is an abiding commitment to the fundamental power of
photography to bear witness to the struggle for human rights and social
justice that form the principles of NOOR.
NOOR – an Arabic word meaning light – seeks to contribute to a
growing understanding of the world by producing independent visual
reports that stimulate positive social change and impact views on issues
of global concern.
You will work with members of the NOOR Team. Your role exists to create business opportunities and sales from existing content and other activities for NOOR.
- Support the growth and development of NOOR.
- Develop fundraising strategies and co-writing project proposals to provide visibility and profits with existing NOOR content.
- Maintain and expand NOOR Educational program and activities.
- Actively contribute and support the Managing Director in the strategy development of NOOR shop.
- Packaging and developing strategies to repurpose and reuse existing NOOR content through Editorial, Exhibition, NGO’s, Campaigns, Publishing, Film and large individual and group projects while implementing strategic initiatives to achieve revenue targets.
- Price negotiation, budget preparation and overview, project evaluation, oversight of the project-management process, sale and promotion of archive work, and inventive ways to give “new life” to NOOR’s existing work.
- Apply new revenue models and business opportunities including developing marketing strategy for the NOOR shop.
- Initiate and oversee organization and touring of exhibitions and accompanying book publications.
- Establish an operational plan incorporating goals and objectives that support the achievement of NOOR’s strategic directions
- You possess sales experience
- You have a strong interest in business/photography/visual arts/ cultural management/marketing/media
- You have excellent communication skills to engage new clients and maintain relationships with existing clients, while ensuring ethical and quality placement of NOOR content across various platforms.
- You are a quick-thinking self-starter who has the ability to multitask.
- You are creative, well organized and have a good eye for details with an ‘all-hands on deck’ attitude
- You are expert in Office and Creative Software
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. A second language would be an asset.
NOOR is a collective uniting a select group of highly accomplished photojournalists documenting, investigating and witnessing our world.
We offer a position with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. We would like you to start on the 1 May 2018. Working hours can be somewhat flexible depending on events, but on average you will work 40 hours per week.
NOOR wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications that can make the organization a better reflection of global society.
This position is at the moment only open to EU citizens or individuals with existing valid work permit for the EU.
This position is based in our offices in Amsterdam – The Netherlands.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact NOOR Office – 00 31 20 21 42 040 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respond in English by 1 April 2018 and submit both your CV and a letter of motivation (as a PDF).
Terms and Conditions
Salary: €30 - 35k annual brutto depending on experience + 8% holiday allowance
Contract: 1 year renewal